I closed the Beta after a while. Now I am redesigning the game towards an interactive experience for both web and mobile. To create a better, interactive game, I started using Unity3D in combination with a backend API (PHP Lumen). This way I can create better graphics, generate more interactive elements and make the game ready to run on all common devices.
Working on TownSiege has already taught me a lot about design, coding and running a complex website.
During the Beta I regularly talked with players online.
This taught me a lot about building a community and involving the community when making design decisions.
I was actively participating in the community forums to know more about how users experienced the game.
If you are interested in the redesigned game, make sure to stay up to date on the progress by visiting the website.